Naturopathy is a form of complementary medicine that utilises a holistic approach to wellness, taking into account the person as a whole – body, mind and spirit.
Dietary suggestions, herbal medicine, nutritional supplements, flower essences to support emotions and lifestyle tips come together, to address the underlying causes which prevent a person from achieving their desired state of optimal health.
The therapeutic treatment is catered to the individual and current scientific evidence along with traditional knowledge guide the treatment.
Naturopathy aims to remove the obstacles to health whilst simultaneously supporting the body’s own healing abilities. It can be effective in the management of a wide range of conditions including:
• Digestive problems such as – constipation/diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel diseases, reflux, bloating, gall bladder and liver conditions
• Skin conditions – eczema, psoriasis and acne
• Mental health and cognition issues – poor stress tolerance, poor memory, insomnia, depression and anxiety
• Reproductive issues – pre-menstrual syndrome, painful, heavy, irregular or absent periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometriosis, infertility, menopause
• Fertility and preconception care (both females and males)
• Musculoskeletal health – arthritis, gout, fibromyalgia
• Cardiovascular health – hypertension/high blood pressure, high cholesterol
• Endocrine health – thyroid dysfunction, type 2 diabetes
• Immune conditions such as – colds and flu, hay fever and allergies
• Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Optimising nutrient intake for vegans and vegetarians
• Or for anyone looking to increase their overall health and vitality
The initial consultation takes approximately 60 minutes and will involve taking a thorough case history, diet and lifestyle analysis. Testing will be conducted as indicated and may include blood pressure, iris analysis, nail and tongue analysis. Functional testing may be recommended and would be discussed during the consultation. The information gathered is used to tailor a holistic treatment plan and if required, a prescription will be prescribed.
In between appointments further research and a detailed treatment plan is devised based on your case. Follow up consultations can be booked for either 30 or 45 minute intervals according to your health goals and preference.
As a naturopath my goal is to help you feel better in the short term whilst simultaneously empowering you with the knowledge required for creating long term health.